Ercol is a leading design led furniture manufacturer. Established in 1920 and privately owned, Ercol is a market leading company with an enviable reputation for design, quality, and service. We have our own UK manufacturing site which combines traditional craft techniques with state of art equipment. Ercol also has a select group of partners globally.
You will be the furniture designer on the team working with the Creative Director, design engineers with responsibility to design & develop product in line with product launches. The role will involve along with the Creative Director overseeing all product categories and developing projects in line with sales data and trends across the Core UK market. This will involve:
- Work to briefs in line with strategy for seasonal launch, across core categories. Working across the inhouse and external supply base, for a variety of routes to market.
- Analyse Sales data and trends to inform direction for coming season.
- Create original innovate furniture designs to brief, to include bedroom, dining, upholstery & on occasion collaborations.
- Ability to convey ideas quickly and clearly through freehand sketches, CAD models, mock-ups, 3D Visuals.
- Project manage development of products designed by external designers when required.
- Project manage core briefs through to completion.
- Ensure all final design details and preproduction samples are approved with Sourcing, Production and Quality Managers.
- Produce technical specifications production drawings to enable designs to be produced by outsource suppliers for furniture designs.
- Ability to adapt design according to different manufacturer capabilities.
- Produce internal and external presentations of designs.
- Assist the Creative Director in presenting trends in-house and to customers.
- To communicate regularly with the Creative Director and Design team on any issues relating to the design of products to ensure product is correctly specified.
- Maintain a watching brief on market trends and developments in furniture and interior design. Interest in eco design best practice to drive through products with the lightest possible environmental footprint.
- Maintain NPI specifications and oversee design team updates. Communicating to Sales & Marketing and supply chain when specifications are available to use.
The successful candidate:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge and experience within the furniture, upholstery and retail Industry.
- Great passion, initiative, organisation, communication, and relationship management skills with attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to working across a variety of projects within the design team.
- A passion for the details of production and making.
- Experience of working with outsource suppliers in Europe, Asia & UK
- Skilled in 3D applications such as Solidworks, Rhino, Creative Suite Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Please forward your interest and C.V. to Stella May - email@example.com.