Furniture Design Engineer
ercol was founded in 1920. As we embark on our second century, our company still proudly family owned remains true to its fundamental principles of design, craftsmanship, innovation and excellence. At the heart of everything we do are our people and our factory, a modern, highly sustainable facility deep in the English countryside. With the latest technology and traditional skills of our craftsmen and women. Our furniture is created by our in-house team and we work closely with trusted manufacturing partners.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our inhouse design team. We are looking for a furniture design engineer, working alongside our other team members. You will support our concept designers and our production team across a variety of projects through to manufacture. This will include sourcing & researching materials manufacturing within our UK factory and with our external partners.
Key responsibilities within the role
- You will have an innate appreciation and understanding of furniture craftsmanship, detailing and timber materials.
- Work closely with the Concept designer, taking the project through to working prototypes and on to manufacture. Producing piece part and assembly drawings within SolidWorks. Liaising with the prototyping, technical and manufacturing teams through to product launch.
- Ensure product is engineered and designed for manufacture and assembly.
- Work with the prototyping department to get full scale prototypes developed in line with manufacturing and Concept designer requirements.
- Sourcing and ordering of fixtures and fittings.
- Work with manufacturing team to implement & facilitate any changes to existing product.
- Liaise with quality department to ensure product is fit for purpose, facilitating any changes required for testing.
- Work closely with external manufactures ensuring project development through to completion. Travel maybe required to oversee development with Concept designer.
- Visit key fixture and fittings shows.
- Produce drawings to facilitate assembly instructions with external and internal supply chain.
- Produce and design Exhibition/store layouts, to include 2d plan and 3d Visuals when required liaising with the Creative director, Area sales managers across ercol and Lercolani and external exhibition teams.
- Manage library of documentation for the ASM’s for ercol and Lercolani to communicate store look to retail.
- Knowledge of Rhino is preferred and a working knowledge of Creative Suite Products.
Who we are looking for / Skills and Experience
You will ideally have at least 3 years’ experience working as a furniture design engineer or working within the furniture industry . You will have a working knowledge of Solid works and preferably Rhino. You have experience with cabinetmaking and CNC manufacturing and have an acute attention for detail and problem solving. You are highly motivated and enjoy working within a team and developing strong working relationships across company departments.
How to Apply
Please forward your interest and C.V. to Stella May - email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 5th May 2023.